Dr. Mohiuddin is originally from Syracuse, New York, where received his Doctor of Medicine degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University. Dr. Mohiuddin’s post graduate training and education continued as he completed an orthopedic surgery residency at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, where he had the unique opportunity to take care of the Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs, and the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. He completed a sports medicine fellowship at the Miami Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute at Doctors Hospital in Coral Gables, FL, where he had the privilege of being the assistant team physician to the 2012 NBA Champion Miami Heat.
Dr. Mohiuddin has been practicing as an orthopedic surgeon in South Florida since 2011. Prior to founding Ultimate Orthopedics, Dr. Mohiuddin was previously with Tenet Florida Physician Services where he received recognition in 2019 as the Top 10% of the nation in all six categories for healthcare patient satisfaction. Dr. Mohiuddin has been a frequent local ESPN radio guest, discussing current injuries in professional sports. He runs an orthopedic surgery sports medicine preceptorship for pre-med high school and college students. In his spare time, Dr. Mohiuddin volunteers as a head basketball coach for the PAL (Plantation Athletic League), a volunteer athletic program which provides the youth of Plantation, FL the opportunity to participate in organized sports. In 2015 he led the 9-U (Age 9 and under) Miami Heat basketball team to an undefeated 15-0 record, ultimately going on to win the 2015 PAL 9-U championship.
- I’m a fellow of the AAOS (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons).
- I’m board-certified by the ABOS (American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery).
- I’m accredited with AANA (Arthroscopy Association of North America).
- I’m accredited with AOSSM (American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine).
- Graduated from medical school in 2005 from SUNY (State University of New York) Upstate Medical University.
- Completed my orthopedic surgery residency at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program in 2011.
- Completed my sports medicine fellowship at the Miami Orthpedics & Sports Medicine Institute at Doctors Hospital/Baptist Health in 2012.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Stabilization-Labral Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Biceps Tenodesis/Tenotomy
- Distal Clavicle Excision
- Total Shoulder Resurfacing
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Lateral/Medial Epicondylitis Debridement/Repair
- Distal Biceps Tendon
- Triceps Tendon Repair
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Repair/Tommy John Surgery
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Trigger Finger Release
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgery/Fracture Care
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Meniscus Repair
- ACL Reconstruction
- PCL Reconstruction
Multi ligament Knee Reconstruction
Articular Cartilage Restoration
Ankle ligament reconstruction
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Florida Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School – State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- Internship – Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, General Surgery Internship
- Residency – Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Fellowship – Miami Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute at Doctors Hospital, Sports Medicine Fellowship